Thursday, January 27, 2005

Paper or plastic?

So once again, "the religious right" has determined that a cartoon character is promoting the gay lifestyle.

First, let me say, that I am religious. I am a Christian. I am also fairly conservative.

Having said that, I would like to make it clear that I believe those who label themselves as the "religious right" are usually neither.

Most who consider themselves the "RR" would say that they have been saved by Jesus, his teachings and his passion. Therein lies the challenge. I have not found anywhere in the New Testament ( which is the inspired word of God, testifying to the teachings of Jesus, Christ) any evidence that Jesus would have shunned gays. In fact, he taught us to love one another, even our enemies and those with whom we differ.

Without getting into that discussion any deeper however, allow me to continue with my original topic...

Dr. James Dobson; head of "Focus on the Family" has determined that "Sponge Bob Square Pants" is most likely gay, and is promoting gay lifestyle to our children. "Bob has now joined the ranks of "Bert and Ernie", and the little purple Teletubby." Wake up Dr. Jim, Sponge Bob and the others are either cartoon characters or puppets.

The real problem facing this country is much worse. It has been with us for over forty years with virtually no attention from the "RR". Only God knows how much damage has been done to children over the years because of it. I refer of course to "Barbie".

"Barbie" and her friend "Ken" have cohabitated in thousands of toyboxes across America without the benefit of marriage. They have spent time alone together in "Barbies Dream House". They have travelled together in "Barbies RV". I am told that on occassion they have been found in the back of "Barbies Corvette". Over the years, I have even caught them naked in my own swimming pool.

Having said all of this, I am not suggesting that Barbie and Ken have had illicit sex. In fact, the problem runs much deeper... Ken and Barbie are both androgenous. What does this teach our children...Are we as a society so sick and twisted that we have allowed our children for muliple generations to be exposed to, and associate with such strange and abnormal individuals. What damage has been done to us? What damage has been done to our children? We have allowed "Barbie and Ken" to promote androgenous lifestyle.

One must ask, what sick and twisted behavior must these two be guilty of? With no sex organs, they have obviously found some other form of deviant gratification to satisfy their carnal instincts. I shudder to imagine. And yet, Dr. Dobson, Jerry Falwell and others have allowed this insidious behavior to continue without comment.

Wake up boys, you are missing a headline.

No comments: