Saturday, January 01, 2005

Turn the page

Well, so far this year has started out pretty much like last year. I don’t say that to be negative, depressing, or to sound disappointed. I just think that your personal happiness has less to do with the changing of the calendar and more to do with your decision to move forward. That is a decision that can be made any time, not just NYE. In fact, I think decisions to change, improve, move forward mean more when they are not made on NYE. It is just too easy on NYE to “get into the moment” and say things that you won’t stick too.

We kept things pretty quiet last night. A shrimp and steak dinner, then we met the Fockers. Got home in time to see the ball fall on Times Square, listen to the neighbor’s blow off some illegal fireworks, then zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

David Letterman tapes at 4pm. Consequently he never does a NYE show. Too bad, because I really don’t care for Leno. His ego has gotten way beyond his talent. I read recently that his ratings are higher than Lettermans’. I am on a personal mission to change that. (How about that guest shot now Dave?)

So what will 2005 bring? Whatever comes, I will view it as a challenge to grow.

Keep praying for the people of Asia.

in the immortal words of Bob Seger..."Turn the page."

1 comment:

Christi said...

Yeah, the whole world situation definitely puts a different twist on how the new year will run. Why do I feel like Apocolypse is coming? That's pretty far-fetched, I suppose, but I'm sure God's not too pleased with how his world is being run. Were it me I would start over again...Maybe that's His new year's resolution. Okay, not sure where that came from. I'm happy to know that all of my plans for the new year are for the most part continued from last year, so it's not like I thought them up last night in a hurried few minutes. I have been working diligently on them up to this point, and shall continue until they are completed. (Well, the losing weight thing, we'll see!) I hope, even though it's the same, that you are having a happy new year, and that so far nothing has been out of the ordinary or gone wrong.