Saturday, September 02, 2006

Faster Than A Speeding Rebate Check

Several weeks ago, my cell phone decided it had made enough calls and was no longer interested in functioning. So, I wandered into the local Radio Shack and picked up a new Samsung A900 to be used on the Sprint system.

I was told that I qualified for a $100 rebate through Sprint as long as I extended my service agreement. Seemed like a good plan. So after I programmed my new phone I sorted through the rebate instructions and mailed them in.

Four weeks later, I received a notice from Sprint stating that since I had NOT extended my contract they would not honor the $100 rebate. I promptly did nothing then forgot about the whole thing.

This morning I received an email from Sprint telling me that my rebate was in the final stages of processing and that I would be receiving my rebate in four weeks.

My question is this…in this day of high technology, how is it that it takes a “hi-tech” company like Sprint over 8 weeks to process a rebate check? I’ve seen houses built faster than that.

While I’m on this “hi tech” tirade…Why can’t another “hi-tech” company; DELL accept on-line account payments?

These things keep me up at night.

No comments: