Thursday, August 03, 2006

A Summer Camping Vacation Part IV

Day 3. I awaken to more heat. I make my way to the restroom, look in the mirror and discover a sunburn on my nose that makes me look like one of those street winos with the alcoholic bulging nose. Vacation doesn’t get any better than this… We are going home. Sorry, can’t take it anymore. The weather people are saying it will be hotter today than it has been. I don’t need to prove anything anymore. I have been beaten by the elements. The only question is; “How fast can I break camp?” I don’t even mind the heat now. The end is in sight. Once the trailer is back on the truck, I can rip off my sweat soaked shirt, put on a clean dry one, and climb into the breeze…

We didn’t even think about taking pictures. It would have been too much effort. We did take one photo. On the way home, we were looking down the road and asking… What is that? Looks like some sort of tanker truck…What is it? It’s an enormous cow on the back of a truck…the heat must have finally fried our brains we are both hallucinating… but wait… we can’t be having the same hallucination… so here it is…

No comments: