Thursday, July 27, 2006

I had a great day today

I had a great day today.

I got up early this morning for a business meeting, then went to the eye doctor for a follow-up, then I met with a young couple that was purchasing a new home ( I wrote the mortgage loan for them.) None of that was what made it a great day though. I set a goal for myself today that where ever I went, I would make someone laugh...brighten up the day for someone. I did it. I complimented people for doing good work, I told jokes, I made funny comments, I smiled at people I didn't know...

It is really amazing that when you go out of your way to compliment someone, or to make someone laugh, that it really changes your outlook as well.

The day got better...If you go back to my July 2005 posts, you will find a post where I talked about running into an old friend ( Russ ) from high school. Well, he and his wife Laura are in town, and we were able to get together for dinner tonight. They were only able to stay for a couple hours, but in that time I felt so blessed to have reunited with Russ and to get to know his wife.

It is pouring down rain ( again ). With as much rain as we have had lately, it would be easy to be depresed. But I don't care...

It was a great day.

No comments: