Saturday, July 29, 2006

Driving in Strongsville

Driving around Strongsville today, I found myself behind a Green Saturn. Across the rear bumper in huge block letters was printed: " Do not tailgate, child on board".

I have seen this admonition before but usually, it says, "show dogs on board". So about the time I am thinking this woman is a whacked out over protective mother, she cuts across two lanes of traffic (without signaling)and makes a right turn on red without stopping. I witnessed a minimum of 5 other vehicles react to avoid being hit, or hitting her.

I wish I had the the time to follow her and edit her bumper to read; " Do not tailgate, IDIOT at wheel".

I really feel sorry for the child on board if it survives mom's driving, he/she is sure to have a miserable, overprotected life.

On the other hand, if you happen to see this vehicle stay back, the child on board might be the driver.

No comments: