Friday, December 10, 2004

Limited Vocabulary

I don't think I even heard the word until I was in the 7th grade. We hear it today in the movies, read it in books, see it scrawled on walls, hear it in music, hear it in the hallways of schools, factories, board rooms, offices...everywhere!

The "F" word is being used like a grammatical requirement. I just don't get it. Are we so under-educated, so "vocabularily challenged", that we can't come up with a better way of expressing ourselves?

I've met some people that without this "word", they couldn't speak. For the rest of society, that would be a blessing.

I challenge everyone reading this, to eliminate the word from their vocabulary. If you can do it for 30 days, it will be gone.

In all fairness, there haas been a few times in history where it was appropriate. Here is the complete list:

"What the @#$% was that?" -Mayor Of Hiroshima, 1945

"Where did all those @#$%ing Indians come from?" -Custer, 1877

"Any @#$%ing idiot could understand that." -Einstein, 1938

"It does so @#$%ing look like her!" -Picasso, 1926

"How the @#$% did you work that out?" -Pythagoras, 126 BC

"You want WHAT on the @#$%ing ceiling?" -Michelangelo, 1566

"Where the @#$% are we?" -Amelia Earhart, 1937

"Scattered @#$%ing showers.... my ass!" -Noah, 4314 BC

"Aw c'mon. Who the @#$% is going to find out?" -Bill Clinton, 1999

"Geez, I didn't think they'd get this @%#*^ing mad." -Osama bin Laden,
November, 2001

and most recently...

"@#$%-ing Ohio" - John Kerry, 2004

Now, just "f-ing" stop it.



No comments: