Friday, November 26, 2004

Don't be late for dinner...

My parents live in a wooded area that plays host to about 30 white tail deer. Year after year, we have enjoyed watching them feed on the cracked corn that Dad puts out for them. This year, however, Mom and Dad have stopped feeding the deer.” Why” I asked. Mom explained that the deer come in herds, usually 10 or 12 at a time. They put out the feed. The first herd comes and eats all the corn. Then, the next herd comes and there isn’t any food for them. Consequently, Mom feels bad for them. Rather than disappoint some of them, she has chosen not feed any of them. She went on to explain; “if they would just all come at the same time, I would continue to feed them, but if they aren’t going to come at the same time… forget it. “ My brother and I made sure that we arrived for Thanks Giving dinner at the same time.

No comments: