Monday, December 18, 2006

They say the military is not efficient...

I've been having some issues with my left knee. 15 years ago I had to have my anterior cruciate ligament replaced. Everything has been going along swimmingly until a couple weeks ago. Suddenly I am having a lot of pain and difficulty getting around. So finally today I went back to the Cleveland Clinic Sports Medicine Department ( they did the orginal surgery) to find out what is going on.

Turns out I have arthritis and am in the midst of a bad "arthritic episode". They issued me a brace and gave me some physical therapy routines to do. Other than that...pain killers are the answer.

Anyhow in my quest to find humor in everything, I noted the following; When I arrived for my 1pm Xray appointment I heard on the television in the waiting area that a high ranking Iraqi official had been kidnapped... My Xray appointment was pushed to 2pm. That of course moved my doctor appointment to "later". I finally got in to see the doc around 4. As I was going into the exam room, I heard from the television in the lobby, that the Iraqi official had been freed.

I spent more time in captivity than he did!

No comments: