Tuesday, April 11, 2006

HUA

Two more cops have been hit by an HUA driver. There are now more cops injured or killed in traffic accidents than by gunfire.

Last year Ryan Nagy of the Middleburg Hts. PD lost his leg and almost his life because of a driver crossing over two lanes of traffic and ramming into his cruiser as he wrote a traffic ticket. Earlier this year an Ohio State Trooper was hit in a similar accident. One of our guys got hit while directing traffic around an accident. He got hit by a woman who evidently didn't see the two police cars, and the two-car mva in the intersection. Now, last night two Bratenahl officers got clobbered by an 18 wheeler.

Last summer I had several close calls myself...One teenage driver didn't see the construction equipment, the police car or me in the middle of an intersection and almost clipped me. One drunk driver just shouldn't have been on the road, almost hit me. One irrate idiot aimed at me. At an accident scene one driver just didn't think he needed to slow down as he swerved around the wreck, the tow truck, the ambulance and three police cruisers. Several elderly drivers just plain got confused when they couldn't use their normal route to get to the Giant Eagle store...so far I have been lucky.

I have an idea...hang up the phone, put your make-up on at home, read the paper at your breakfast table, leave the radio alone, have sex in bed, quit smoking, and slow down. A cop's job is dangerous enough without having to worry about getting run over.

Oh yeah...HUA: Head Up Ass

No comments: