Monday, September 17, 2007

Economic Indicators Part II

Evidently, things are looking up. Interest rates on adjustable rate mortgages are starting to stabilize and even run down a little. The job market seems to be improving although slightly.

The key economic indicator however is what I call the loose change factor.

A few posts back I discussed "lost change" and shared my wisdom regarding the fortune in lost change available for the taking. In recent months however the available change seemed to have dried up.

But lo and behold, only a few days after that post... what do my wandering eyes see but 6 cents laying next to my car at the Giant Eagle parking lot. Another 2 cents today at the Home Depot.

My son reports that he found 3 dollar bills yesterday. The recession is definitely coming to an end!

No comments: