Tuesday, March 21, 2006

I'm back...

I was reminded by my daughter last night that it has been a long time since I have posted. To my thousands of faithful readers; a heartfelt apology is in order.

Shortly after my last post, I learned of the passing of a dear old friend; Marge.

Marge was what Joni Mitchell would call “ a drug store truck drivin’ man”. She was the conduit to my career in entertainment marketing. She knew who she was, and who everyone else was. There was a wrong way to do things and then there was the right way; Margie’s way. She was what you would call “a character”. Despite her rough edges, you couldn’t help but love Marge.

We worked together for about 15 years. She bailed me out of some tough situations, we fought, we laughed, we plotted, and we learned. In the end, we hadn’t seen each other in about 5 years. That really bothers me. But this is what happens in life. We have good intentions to stay in touch…”we’ll do lunch sometime, call me…” But life gets in the way and we forget to live. We intend to post to our blog every day. Then “Marge” dies, and the wind is sucked out of your sails, and as hard as you try to be funny and creative, it takes days…weeks to get your senses back.

Marge is reorganizing things “upstairs” now. I’m sure of it. By the time we hook up again for that lunch, God will have learned a thing or two about how to get things done.
Requiem aeternam dona eis, Domine, et lux perpetua luceat eis.

No comments: