Monday, May 02, 2005

Big Fish

One of my favorite recent movies is “Big Fish”. If you aren’t familiar with it, it is about a young man’s perception of his father’s “fish stories”. I am especially fond of the movie because my kids never believe the stories I tell them about the things I have done and people I have met.

In a nutshell…A friend of mine and I saved Hal Holbrook from getting hit by a New York Taxi. I met privately with Bernadette Peters in her dressing room. I once drove Della Reese to an eastside Cleveland drug store at 2:00 in the morning. I partied with Martin Mull. I was on stage once with Bruce Springsteen (see my post from Dec. 15, ’04). I pushed jazz great; Woody Herman around in his wheelchair after his car accident. I helped create the original marketing plan for the soft-drink “Mello Yellow”. (That one really gets them going) I got into an argument with magician Harry Blackstone. I once told Liza Minelli’s manager to “shove-it” and got yelled at by Mickey Rooney and Jerry Lewis.

I won’t even get into how I may have saved President Bush…

Someday, when Variety Magazine reports: "J Zak Drps Ded", the kids will know, that I didn’t make this stuff up!

No comments: